Thursday, December 13, 2012

Homestay Summary

I started writing a summary of our homestay experience a while back and each time I re-read it I thought it sounded more like a personal journal entry than a blog post. So, I decided to keep it just for that - my personal journal. I find it easy to explain the details of our daily life - things like using a bucket shower, not having consistent electricity, paper thin walls and a bad church band next door, washing laundry by hand... etc. But what I have trouble with is capturing the feelings and thoughts that I felt during the homestay experience through a blog entry. I'm taking it as a sign that these feelings and emotions are for Zach and I to remember as something special that we shared in the beginning of our marriage.


Stepping out of my comfort zone and entering a completely different culture and way of life is an experience I will never forget... I believe it will go down as one of the most rewarding things that I will have done within in my lifetime. Sometimes when I think about our homestay family or specific events that occurred during our time in their home my heart still swells and for that I feel so lucky.



I am becoming more and more intrigued with the psychological aspects of long-term travel... Ok, enough mushy talk, I feel the personal journal thing creeping up on me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment